The word IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity is a unique number given to every phone or to some satellite phones. This number is given inside every phone’s battery compartment. You can also check the number on your phone by simply dialling *#06#. This number is given as the identity of the phone by which it can be traced from anywhere.
This unique IMEI code is given to every GSM phone so that all the valid devices can be identified and can be traced in case of any criminal activities.
This code is only used for identifying the device and has no relation to the device users. Even the phone which you are using have an IMEI code. This IMEI code is one of the vital things on your phone before buying any phone please check the IMEI of the phone.
Many nations have known the importance of IMEI number which helps them to reduce the crime rate from the particular nation. Some of the nation take this very seriously like the United Kingdom government. In United Kingdom Changing of IMEI number is taken as a serious crime and set to be imprisoned.
But do you know you can change your IMEI number easily? Today I am going to show you how by following these simple steps you can change your IMEI number. Let’s begin.
How to change the IMEI Number
Let’s start the conversation here I will discuss some of the processes which will help you to change the IMEI from your device. I will discuss the process depending on the different operating system.
Change the IMEI number of Android operating System without root (MTK chipset)
- Firstly you have to down the app Uncle App from the Google Play Store on your Android device. This app is available for free in the Google play Store.
- Open the app and engineer mode.
- Now select the Engineer Mode> Engineer Mode (mtk)
- After this procedure scroll down and click on the CDS information option.
- Now select the radio option. There two options will appear.
- Among the two options select the Phone2 option.
- After selecting the option you will get an option of AT+ where you have to enter your IMEI Code.
- Now you have to enter AT+ <15 digit new IMEI> (for ex-AT+ 123456789012345 )
- Now select the option to send at command.
- Once you are done sending it you will have to restart your device once your device gets started you will get a new IMEI number for your device.
- Follow these simple steps to change the IMEI number of your android device.
This was all about changing the IMEI number in the android device without rooted. Now let’s find out how to change the IMEI number of a rooted android device
Change IMEI Number of a rooted android device
Now we will discuss how you can change the IMEI number of a rooted Android device.
- Firstly you have to install an app called xposed on your rooted android device.
- Now download the IMEI changer app on your rooted device. This app is easily available in Google Play Store for free.
- Once you have downloaded open it and give the required information.
- Once provided with all the information’s your device will be restarted and once your device sets on you will be provided with a new IMEI number.
- Follow this small technique to get a new IMEI for your rooted android device.
This is how you will change your IMEI from the rooted device now let’s find out how you will change the IMEI number on the android device.
Change IMEI number from android operating system
If you are having an android operating system then please take a look how you can change your IMEI number from this operating system.
- At first, you need to dial *#06# to get the IMEI number of your device.
- Secondly, note down your IMEI number for future use.
- After this go to xposed >modulesNow make a tick on the IMEI changer APK as a module.
- Now simply restart your device.After your phone get on again you will original IMEI number followed by the new IMEI number.
- Your next step will be entering the new IMEI number into the new IMEI number box.
- Now tap on the apply option.Once you have applied restart your device and set the new IMEI number.
- Now press *#06# and check the IMEI number. The number will be given new which means you have already set a new IMEI number.Follow this simple step to change your IMEI number from your android device.
Here’s one tip: If you want to remove any other trace too, then you should use xmodgames app.
This is how you will change the IMEI number in your android operating system. Now let’s discuss how to change the IMEI number in iPhone.
Changing IMEI number in iPhone
Following are the steps which will help you to change the IMEI number of your iPhone.
- Firstly you need to know the actual IMEI number of your device and for doing that simply dial *#06# and get it.
- Secondly, you need to jailbreak your device.Now you have to download a PC tool which will help you to change the IMEI number by the help of Ziphone.
- After this start the phone in recovery mode. Now press the sleep-wake and power button till the apple logo appears on the screen. Now release the sleep wake button.Now connect the phone with your PC in this mode.
- Now in the extended file folder of windows press the shift button and then the right click on any empty place and then click on the start command prompt here.
- Now type ziphone -u -I a123456789012345(Replace 123456789012345 with your desired IMEI number) in the command prompt.
- Now after two to three minutes the device will get rebooted. After the rebooting procedure is done your I Phone device is ready with a new IMEI number.
These are some of the steps which will help you to change the IMEI of your iPhone.
So these are some of the ways which will help you to change the IMEI number of your device. Listed above are some of the famous techniques which will help you to change the IMEI number. Check out the operating system which you are using and according to that follow the instructions to change the IMEI number.